Everyone brews their tea differently. Some are fiercely certain that their’s is the right way and others have multiple tricks up their sleeve. I feel like I brew my tea the way most do but I also hear that a lot of people microwave their tea (like what?). Here are the steps I take when trying to make the perfect relaxing cup of tea.
- Start boiling water in my trusty kettle. I use a relatively small kettle so the boiling doesn’t take too long.
- Pick out my tea. I have a wide variety of teas in my cupboard. They range from fancy loose leaf to standard tea bags. Lately, I have been in a peppermint tea bag phase.
- Put the tea bag in your mug and fill with the boiling water.
- Brew for the suggested time. I will normally let my peppermint tea brew for 4 minutes.
- Toss your bag. You can also recycle tea bags for various household routines (eg. for your compost, your garden, cleaning around the house)
- Now is when it gets interesting. I have gone back and forth with what I add to my tea. Normally, I will just drink it black. Sometimes, when I am craving something creamier, I will add milk. When I am sick, I will add honey.
The thing I love about tea is that it is so versatile. Tea comes in so many flavours and price points. You can brew it however you like and add whatever you like to it. I have also been intrigued by baking with tea but I haven’t been confident enough to try it. We shall see.
Anyways, gotta go, my tea is brewing.